Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Tea for Two


About two weeks ago, I watched Grey Gardens , the HBO movie, not the documentary. I really liked it. It's based on the 1975 documentary film by Albert and David Maysles, and it follows the everyday lives of the two Edith Beales. The Beals were a reclusive socialite mother and daughter who lived at Grey Gardens, an old run down mansion in East Hampton, New York. The Beals were relatives of Jackie O and once were extremely rich, but due to some of their choices, they ended up with nothing, but themselves. I thought it was an amazing story, those two are definitely characters! They is so crazy. It was sad and if you know me you know why I liked it; it goes hand and hand with my obsession of A&E's Hoarders. I really want to watch the documentary now!

Drew Barrymore at the 2010 Golden Globes. She won for Best Actress in a Miniseries or Motion Picture for Grey Gardens.

The picture above Drew Barrymore is From Harper`s bazaar august 1997, Shot by Terry Richardson, inspired by the documentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment